If you haven’t logged in to Blue Access for Members in a while, you may be asked to create a stronger password. A stronger password is harder for identity thieves to guess.
Stronger Password Guidelines
To help keep your personal information safe, we've updated our password requirements.
Your new password must follow these guidelines:
- Include eight to 20 characters.
- Include a mix of at least three of the following: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers or symbols.
- Do not include repeating characters (e.g., “aaa111”).
- Do not include sequential letters or numbers (e.g., “abc123”).
- Make sure your new password isn’t the same as your last six passwords.
Tips for a Safer Password
In addition, the following guidelines, while not required, can also help you create a more secure password:
- Don’t include any of your personal information (e.g., first name, last name, birth date).
- Make sure your user name and password are different.
- Change your password often.
- Never share your password with anyone via email or any other means.
- Never write your password down.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas wants to help you keep your personal information safe. Following these password guidelines will help.